We are still open and available for urgent matters, Childhood immunisations, smears and more.
There a number of ways you can book an appointment at the practice. You can call us and speak to one of the friendly reception team on 01244 346677. Alternatively if you are visiting the practice please feel free to speak to reception.
- When you book an appointment the receptionist will ask you if it is a new problem or a follow-up.
- If it s a new problem the receptionist will also ask for a brief description of the problem. This allows the clinicians to prioritise calls and ensure that patients are seen by the relevant person.
- New problems will be booked a telephone appointment with a doctor or nurse clinician.
- The clinician will phone you back at the approximate time given by the receptionist.
- Your problem will either be dealt via the telephone or you will be given an appointment to come to the surgery.
If you have been advised that your appointment is with the 'Duty Doctor', you may have to wait if the doctor is called out on an emergency.
When a more in-depth consultation is required, a follow-up appointment will be recommended.
Follow-up appointments can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance. Please telephone after 10:30am and advise the receptionist that you wish to book a follow-up appointment.
New problem appointments are for 10 minutes as the patient will have already been triaged over the telephone first. The doctors mostly have 12 minute appointments for follow-ups but some doctors have longer appointments. Some patients attend with more than one problem and the doctors will do their best to deal with these in the time they have available.